New Pod - 4 Port and 6 Port in Cat6A, Cat6 and Cat5e
The need for high speed, high capacity networking at the desk continues to grow due in part to the increasing use of cloud applications and software in everyday working as well as the requirement for quick and flexible installations for both direct to the desk or grid mapping designs.
There are many different names for this type of under floor/desk boxes the three most common being:
- POD = Point of Distribution
- GOP = Grid Outlet positioning/Point
- FAM = Floor Access Module
HellermannTyton has developed the Pod to support these requirements in Cat6A, Cat6 and Cat5e in both UTP and FTP the pod is supplied with two different entry sizes and clear labelling for each port and POD.
The modern design of the Pod complements office furniture when mounted in view in the access tray under the desks, however the sturdy construction means it can also be mounted on the concrete ‘slab’ under the raised floor to support grid and consolidation point designs.
Features and Benefits
- The cable access supports flexible conduit or loose cable entry, although the use of conduit is recommended to prevent damage to the cable jacket and preventing reduced link performance. Internally a cable tie point is included to be able to provide an additional securing point for the cables
- Clear labelling for all ports and the completed pod, allowing all points to be clearly identified and detailed.
- Can be supplied unloaded or as part of an RapidNet pre-terminated loom
- Suitable modules adaptors and keystones are available separately.
- Floor mounting bracket for 25 and 32mm conduit also available separately.